Prep Time 45 minutes
- 5 tbsp cold water
- 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g self raising whole-wheat flour (keep 40g aside)
- 25g ground almonds
- Pinch of salt
- 5 tbsp light brown sugar (coconut sugar or xylitol can be used as an alternative)
- 60g chilled unsalted butter
- 1.5 tsp corn flour
- 4 small (firm) peaches sliced finely
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp honey
- 5-6 pecans chopped roughly
- Lemon thyme
- 1 scoop of Oppo Salted Caramel ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6. Line a large tray with cling film.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, vinegar, vanilla and 40g of the whole-wheat flour.
- In a larger bowl, mix the remaining whole-wheat flour, ground almonds, salt, butter and half of the brown sugar until bread crumb like (don’t handle the mixture too much!).
- Add the contents of both bowls together and knead gently until a dough forms. Add more butter if the mixture is too dry and more flour if it is too wet.
- Press the dough into a flat circle that measures roughly 10cm across and transfer gently onto the cling filmed tray. Cover the galette with more cling film and freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the remaining sugar and cornflour.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and peel off the cling film from the top and bottom of the galette.
- Line the same tray with greaseproof paper and transfer the galette onto it.
- Sprinkle half the cornflour mixture over the bottom of the galette.
- Arrange the peaches over the top leaving a 1/2 inch gap around the edges.
- Fold the edges in and sprinkle the remaining corn flour mixture over the sides of the galette.
- Combine the honey and maple syrup in a small cup and brush this mixture over the peaches and galette.
- Put the tray in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Top with pecans, lemon thyme and a scoop of Salted Caramel ice cream.