Donut Ice Cream Pops
We weren't going to miss out on donut week. Go on, have some fun and get creative. Make your very own donut pops. Here's how.
- 1 tub Oppo ice cream (choose your flavour)
- 1 donut mould (we recommend one like this)
- 12 ice-lolly sticks
- 200g melted dark chocolate
- 100g melted white chocolate
- 50g coloured sprinkles
- 50g coconut shavings
- 50g puffed quinoa (or chopped nuts)
- Leave the ice cream out of the freezer for 10-20 minutes and when it’s soft spoon it out into the donut mould pressing down to fill each cavity. Then put the mould back into the freezer to set.
- After an hour, pop the donuts out of their mould and gently push a stick into the bottom to make the pops. Then put them back into the freezer while you prepare the coating.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave and retrieve the firmed-up donut pops.
- Dip each donut into the chocolate and pop them onto a rack and when all the pops are coated place them back into the freezer to harden.
- Now melt the white chocolate, take the pops back out of the freezer and drizzle over a little white chocolate to look like a glaze.
- Finally, sprinkle your garnishes over the glaze of each donut before putting them into the freezer one last time.