Colombian Chocolate and Hazelnut Easter egg
- 1 Easter egg mould with two separate halves (buy your mould here)
- 150g milk or dark chocolate
- 50g chocolate biscuits or cookies of choice
- 1tbs crushed hazelnuts
- 4 scoops Oppo Colombian Chocolate and Hazelnut ice cream
- 1tsp Maldon Sea Salt
- Heat the chocolate in a microwave until it's melted.
- Pour 75g of the melted chocolate into each half of your Easter egg moulds, then swirl the chocolate around to coat the sides evenly and pop them in the freezer to set.
- When the chocolate is firm, retrieve your moulds from the freezer and gently pop each half out of its casing.
- Drizzle some extra melted chocolate along the rim of one of the egg halves (this is your glue!) and sandwich both halves together. Now pop the whole egg back into the freezer.
- Crumble the chocolate biscuits with your fingers until you achieve a rustic texture and mix them with the crushed hazelnuts.
- When the egg is firm, take it back out of the freezer and gently break off the top 1/5 of the chocolate to reveal a hollow interior.
- Add the crumbled biscuit and hazelnuts to the bottom of the egg and add your scoops of Chocolate Hazelnut ice cream on top.
- Finish off the egg by topping it with a few grains of Maldon Sea salt and a couple of broken chocolate shards. Enjoy!