Nutty Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Cake
This simple and delicious recipe by Debs Thompson from the awesome blog, Salted Mint makes for a perfect dessert to share with your friends. And celebrating not just one, but two ice cream flavours, it's guaranteed to satisfy all flavour preferences too. So, set aside 30 minutes, pop this ice cream cake together and you'll be in for the ultimate summer treat.
1 tub Oppo Chocolate Hazelnut
1 tub Oppo Salted Caramel
200g fresh raspberries
150g chopped pistachios
Fresh cherries (to garnish)
Dark chocolate (to garnish)
Chopped pistachios (to garnish)
- Line a 1lb loaf tin with cling film.
- Leave the ice cream tubs out of the freezer for 20 minutes until they are soft and mixable.
- Scoop out the contents of each tub into two separate bowls and mix the raspberries into the Salted Caramel and the pistachios into the Chocolate Hazelnut.
- Layer the two ice creams in your loaf tin starting with the Salted Caramel and then adding the Chocolate Hazelnut on top.
- Freeze the ice cream cake for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, turn out the cake onto a plate, peel off the cling film and top it with melted dark chocolate, fresh cherries and pistachios. Enjoy!