Fran (@fransfoodstories) made us a delicious after dinner treat. What is better than a fudgy gooey ice cream bar, with soft oaty flapjack, ice cream and a topping of chocolate fudge...
Ingredients: Serves 10
For the Base:
- 100g Oats
- 150g Dates
- 1 Tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
- Pinch of Salt
For the Middle:
- 1/3 Tub of Chocolate Hazelnut Ice Cream
- 30g Chopped Hazelnuts
- 1/3 Tub Salted Caramel
- 40g Frozen Raspberries
For the Top:
- 5 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Soak the dates in boiling water for about 10 mins.
- Once soaked, place all the base ingredients in a food processor with 2 tbsp of water from the soaked the dates and pules until combined and dough-like.
- Press the base into a lined baking tray, so that it is about 1cm thick and place in the freezer to firm up.
- Scoop out the right amount of ice cream from the tub leave to melt slightly (in separate bowls – we are making two flavours)
- Add the chopped hazelnuts to the chocolate ice cream and stir together. Add the raspberries to the salted caramel ice cream and stir together.
- Once the ice cream has melted enough to make it spreadable – not too much that it is completely liquid though – spread on the base with the salted caramel on one side and the chocolate on the other – don’t mix them!
- Place in the freezer to harden for about 1 hour.
- To make the topping melt the coconut oil in a pan on the stove before turning off the heat and whisking in the cacao powder and the maple syrup – you can add a little more maple syrup if you would like here but don’t add too much otherwise it will be too runny.
- You want a thick fudge consistency that can still be poured onto of the ice cream.
- Pour/drizzle the fudge sauce onto the ice cream bars and place back in the freezer for another hour to set.
- Once set, remove from the freezer and slice up before serving!