Soft, chewy, indulgent deliciousness...
Prep time 3 hours
- 12 Medjool dates
- 165ml water
- 85g coconut flour
- 2 tbsp light brown or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 40g plain chocolate chips
- 1 500ml tub Oppo Salted Caramel ice cream (any flavour can be used)
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper
- Place the pitted dates into a blender and add the water.
- Blend until well combined (this takes between 3 – 5 minutes)
- Add the coconut flour, sugar, vanilla extract and salt to the blender. Mix on a low speed until the dough comes together
- Tip the dough into a bowl and add the chocolate chips. Mix thoroughly to distribute evenly
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts
- Add half the mixture to the bottom of a loaf tin.
- Using the back of a table spoon spread the mixture evenly and pop into the freezer for 20 minutes
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow to soften
- Spoon the ice cream over the first layer of dough and pop the tin back into the freezer for 2 – 3 hours or until set
- Top with the remaining cookie dough and smooth out using the back of a table spoon
- Place the tin back into the freezer and leave over night
- Once set, cut roughly into 10 pieces