This delicious ice cream cake courtesy of Charleys Health consists of four indulgent layers of sweet chocolate, peanut butter and caramel goodness!
For the base
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup dates
- 2 tbsp cacao
For the peanut butter layer
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 400ml Oppo Salted Caramel ice cream
For the chocolate layer
- 4 tbsp Sweet Freedom Choc Shot
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Dark chocolate and fresh cherries to garnish.
- For the cake base, add the pecans into a food processor and blitz for a few seconds to crush them into smaller pieces.
- Add in the dates and cacao powder and blend again until well combined.
- Pour this mixture into the base of a loose bottom cake tin and press down into the base of the tin. Pop this into the freezer to cool whilst you prepare the other layers.
- Remove your Oppo from the freezer, to allow it to soften slightly so its ready to spread over the cake base.
- In a bowl, mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut cream until smooth. Spread this over the brownie base and return the cake to the freezer.
- When the ice cream is nice and soft, pour this over the peanut butter layer and smooth over the surface. Leave this in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- To make the chocolate drizzle, gently melt the coconut oil and combine this with the choc shot. Pour the chocolate mix over the top of the cake and decorate with some chocolate shavings and fresh cherries.