These ice cream truffles are so simple to make and take just four ingredients. Plus, there's plenty of room to get creative. Switch out the beetroot powder for freeze-dried raspberry if you'd prefer, or use spirulina in place of matcha. Use your imagination! And make sure to take an Instagram snap of the results...
Ingredients (makes 10 truffles)
- A 500 ml tub of Oppo Salted Caramel
- 200 grams desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon beetroot powder
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
- Take a tub of Oppo Salted Caramel and use a mellon scoop or spoon to make 10 spheres of ice cream.
- Put your ice cream spheres into the freezer and allow the ice cream to firm up for an hour,
- Assemble your truffle coatings by dividing the desiccated coconut into two bowls and adding the matcha to one and beetroot powder to the other.
- Retrieve your ice cream spheres from the freezer and roll half in the green matcha coconut, and half in the pink beetroot coconut.
- Serve immediately or return the truffles to the freezer to enjoy later!