This Raspberry Raw Brownie Oppo Sandwich recipe was out together by the the awesome Georgie (aka Greens of the Stone Age). It's the perfect way to get creative with Oppo this Valentine's day, and made with frozen raspberries and Oppo Madagascan Vanilla all squished in a fudgy raw brownie. Doesn't that sound good?
Ingredients (serves two)
For the raw brownie:
- 1/2 (packed) cup medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt
For the raspberry ice cream:
- 1 cup Madagascan Vanilla Oppo
- 2/3 cup frozen raspberries (heaped)
For the topping:
- 1 small raw chocolate bar/good quality dark chocolate (about 50g)
- Freeze dried raspberries
- Combine all of your raw brownie ingredients into the bowl of your food processor. Pulse a few times before processing until the mixture forms a smooth ball. Be sure to scrape down the sides frequently using a spatula to ensure even distribution of ingredients. Divide your mixture in two and leave to one side.
- Grease and line your springform heart shaped cake tin with greaseproof paper. Be sure to leave an extra 1" in height above the tin. Next drop in one half of your brownie mix, pressing down with your fingertips until you form an even layer. If the mixture is very oily blot with some kitchen towel until dry. Place your tin into the freezer and begin preparing your ice cream.
- Place your Madagascan Vanilla Oppo ice cream and frozen raspberries into a high speed blender and pulse a few times before blending on full speed. You'll probably have to scrape the sides down often until the ice cream starts to soften up a bit. Process until smooth.
- Remove the cake tin from the freezer and poor in your raspberry ice cream. Place back into the freezer until firm (about 1 hour).
- Remove your tin from the freezer again and knuckle in the remaining brownie mix until you form an even layer. You may come above the tin but do not worry. Simply release the spring on your tin and flip the ice cream sandwich over. Be sure to place another piece of greaseproof paper on the bottom before doing so though! Place back into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt your raw chocolate in a double boiler until smooth and shiny. Remove your tin from the freezer, remove the springform tin and greaseproof paper. Next, pour over your raw chocolate and working quickly use a spatula to cover the top of the heart, pushing some chocolate down the sides to create drips. Sprinkle liberally with freeze dried raspberries. Leave for 15-30 minutes to soften up before serving.