Amie_Forster gives Oppo an indulgent festive twist with this delicious recipe.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Freezing time: 8 hours
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup chopped dates
- Handful whole almonds
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tsp. vanilla essence
- Splash almond milk
- 1 500ml tub Chocolate and Hazelnut Oppo ice cream
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries (remove strawberries)
- Freeze dried strawberries/frozen strawberries
- Cacao nibs
- Chopped walnuts
1. Take your ice cream and mixed berries out of the freezer and leave to stand on the side.
2. In a blender mix all base ingredients together until they forms a firm ball.
3. Divide this mixture into three small cake tins and flatten evenly using the back of a spoon. Then pop in the freezer.
4. Empty the whole tub of Oppo in a mixing bowl and cut into small pieces- add the frozen berries and mix (the ice-cream should be soft and easy to work with).
5. Take your cake tins out of the freezer and divide the berries/ice-cream into the three tins.
6. Heat a tablespoon under some hot water for a few seconds and then use the back of the spoon to carefully run it over the top of the ice-cream to ‘flatten’ it. Do the same with all three cakes.
7. Top with the cranberries, cacao nibs, walnuts and strawberries and pop in the freezer for a minimum of 8 hours - overnight is best.
8. Once ready to serve remove from the freezer and leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving (can be made in advance and kept in the freezer for up to one month).