- Salted Caramel Oppo ice cream
- 95g of sweet glutinous rice flour
- Additional rice flour for dusting
- 30g of sugar (stevia can be used as a healthier version)
- 175ml water
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Scoop your ice cream and into little individual balls and freeze until solid. Use a cling film lined egg carton to act as a cradle for the mini scoops in the freezer.
- In a bowl mix together the rice flour and sugar. Cover and microwave for a minute. Add the water and whisk well. Re-cover, and microwave for one more minute. Stir again, cover and microwave for a final 30 seconds.
- Sieve a little rice flour onto greaseproof paper. Transfer the mochi mixture to the parchment, spread evenly and sieve over more corn flour.
- Roll out the mochi with a rolling pin until it is about 1/4 inch thick. Apply more rice flour if you need. Leave in the fridge until cool.
- Using a 3 1/2 inch cookie cutter, cut discs out of the mochi - be generous in size - it's better to have more than less!
- Get one ice cream ball at a time and wrap the mochi around it tightly. Repeat this with all the ice cream balls, then refreeze until they are solid.
- Before eating, let them sit at room temperature for 5 minutes - or until the outside layer of mochi is squeezable.
- Dust with cocoa power and enjoy!