This week, the wonderful Sarah Malcom shows us that ice cream isn't just for dessert. It's also awesome at breakfast. Her Chocolate Chip Porridge recipe is the ultimate start to the day and hits just the right balance between health and comfort. It's also ideal for warming you up in these cold winter months and is a great slow-release energy meal. Will you ever have porridge without ice cream again? The jury's out.
- 50g rolled oats
- 250ml brown rice milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 sliced banana
- 1 scoop oppo mint choc swirl ice cream
- In a saucepan, heat the oats in enough water to just cover them.
- Add the salt and cinnamon and stir until the water is absorbed.
- Add the milk, cacao powder, maca powder and banana and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with a healthy scoop of oppo ice cream and any additional toppings your heart desires!