‘Hot chocolate’. Why all forms of it fall under the same name bemuses us. After all, hot chocolates are certainly NOT all created equal. This recipe is the only proof you’ll ever need. Rich, dark (and handsome), this isn’t your average powder and milk concoction. And you’ll be glad to hear you’ve probably got everything required right there in the cupboard. Happy days! Really, what could be better for a chilly winters evening?
Ingredients (for two mugs)
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 500 ml whole milk
- 1 heaped teaspoon corn-flour or tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon smooth almond butter
- 2-4 tablespoons honey, agave, or maple syrup (or stevia drops to taste)
- ½ tub Oppo Mint Chocolate Swirl
- In a pan, combine the corn-starch and a little of the milk together and beat with a fork until you get a smooth lump free paste.
- Now blend in the almond butter and, bit by bit, add more of the milk until you’ve used around 1/3
- Pop the heat on and add the dark chocolate, stirring constantly. You’ll notice the liquid thicken!
- Add the rest of the milk and continue to simmer until the liquid is piping hot and all the chocolate has melted.
- Add your syrup, honey or stevia, and serve up into two mugs.
- Finally, pop two scoops of Oppo Mint Chocolate Swirl into your hot chocolate. Watch it melt (but not for too long!)
- There you have it! You could go old-school and sip away, but we suggest going in with a spoon…