With Halloween around the corner, the time has come for our Mint Chocolate Swirl to take the spotlight. No tricks here, just treats. Crispy, chocolatey, ice cream filled treats. Thanks again to @maxineali for another awesome recipe.
Ingredients (Makes 6)
- 1 cup puffed brown rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup/honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 mini-pot Oppo mint chocolate
- 1 square of 70% dark chocolate
1) Melt the maple syrup/honey, coconut oil, cashew butter and raw cacao together in a saucepan. Pour this over the puffed brown rice and mix until everything is evenly coated.
2) Take a muffin tray lined with cases and fill each one with 1/6 of the mixture. Use a teaspoon to create a well in the center of the treats so that they resemble cauldrons. Place the tray in the freezer for 1 hour to set.
3) When ready to serve, remove the tray from the freezer and fill the cauldrons with Oppo mint chocolate ice cream. Chop the dark chocolate square into 6 thin stirring rods and stick one out of the ice cream of each cauldron. You may also like to add some fun extras like raisins or goji berries to 'float' on top. Enjoy!