Seasonal food; now that’s cool. But do you know what’s extra cool? Easy seasonal food. Paris from @pecansandpomegranates shows us the ropes this weekend.
We’ve hit that time of year when blackberries begin filling out the British hedges. This simple compote is the ultimate way to enjoy them. Just a few ingredients, a pan, and a tub of Madagascan Vanilla is all you’ll need for this one. It’s the perfect way to bring ice cream into its winter spotlight.
- 500 grams freshly picked blackberries (or store bought… we’ll forgive you)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- A handful of crushed pecans
- ½ pomegranate’s worth of seeds
- 2 scoops of Oppo Madagascan Vanilla ice cream
1) In a saucepan, add your blackberries together with the juice of half a lemon and bring it to a gentle simmer.
2) Stew the berries until they are soft and disintegrated: This should only take a few minutes.
3) Add two scoop of Oppo Madagascan Vanilla ice cream to a bowl or large ramekin and spoonful over your blackberry compote.
4) Sprinkle over the crushed pecans and finish off with the pomegranate seeds.