These light and fluffy pancakes by Sarah Malcolm are a great way to enjoy a healthy, protein rich breakfast. And topping them with Oppo makes for a truly delicious start to the day. You could even try using melted Oppo instead of milk in the batter for an extra indulgent twist. So, get that frying pan ready and follow these easy steps!
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- 30 grams oats
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp lucuma powder (optional)
- 60 ml milk (or two scoops of Oppo, melted)
- A pinch of salt
- coconut oil to fry
- In a blender, combine the egg, banana, oats, milk (or melted Oppo), spice and salt and blitz until thick and combined.
- In a non-stick pan, heat 1 tsp coconut oil and then pour in the mixture to make disks about 10cm in diameter.
- Cook until you see the pancakes start to bubble and then flip them and cook for a further 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat with the entire mix.
- Layer your pancakes with banana coins, cacao nibs, raspberries and a big scoop of Salted Caramel Oppo ice cream.