Oppo rice pudding with pear and pistachios
Warm, creamy, delicious rice pudding. Who would have thought you could make this classic sweet dessert without using heaps of cream and sugar? It’s all made possible with a few scoops of Salted Caramel Oppo. Read on to find out how to make it...
Ingredients (serves two)
- 60 grams Arborio rice
- 4 scoops of Salted Caramel Oppo
- 300 ml milk of choice
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 1 small pear
- A handful of pistachio nuts, crushed
- Combine the Salted Caremel Oppo, nutmeg and milk in a saucepan and turn on the heat to melt the ice cream and liquid together.
- Add the rice to the saucepan and bring the heat up to medium.
- Stir the rice frequently for 20 minutes or until the liquid is well soaked up and the grains are soft and plump.
- Transfer your rice pudding to a baking dish and add slices of pear to the surface.
- Pop the dish under a hot grill for 5-10 minutes to brown the surface and caramelise the pear.
- Retrieve the pudding from the grill and serve it into bowls, sprinkling each liberally with crushed pistachios (and an extra scoop of Oppo if you fancy...)