Make the MOUSSE-t of your weekend and get creative with some Vanilla Oppo. Just five ingredients are all that's needed to whip together this incredibly light, ridiculously moreish, old-school chocolate dessert. Tempted yet?
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 scoops Vanilla Oppo
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao or coco powder
- 7 grams gelatine (or equivalent quantity of agar)
- 50 ml whole milk
- Pop your ice cream into a medium sized bowl and allow it to melt at room temperature until it's soft and easy to mix.
- Stir in your cacao powder until you have a smooth, chocolatey, custard-like consistency.
- Heat the gelatine in 50 ml whole milk until dissolved and combine this with the chocolate and ice cream mix.
- Now add your egg whites into a separate large bowl and whip them until stiff peeks form.
- Take a small amount of your egg white fluff and stir it into the chocolate mixture.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the remaining egg whites until you've a light, pillowy, chocolaty mousse.
- Pour the mousse into glass ramekins or glasses, and pop each into the fridge for a couple of hours to set.
- Serve and enjoy!