We’re fully embracing the Christmas spirit at HQ and think it’s only right that indulging is extended across all meals. Yes, that includes breakfast. Wait, don’t freak out, this doesn’t mean kicking off the day with an unhealthy dose of sugar. By incorporating Oppo, you can have an indulgently festive breakfast without compromising on your health. Need proof? You’ll find it, as they say, in the pudding (…or Panettone on this occasion).
French toast just got festive and we thought, as a little Christmas gift, we’d share this favourite recipe with you.
Swap your standard bread for panettone and rather than coating each slice in sugar, serve them with scoops of creamy, indulgent, healthy Oppo ice cream! You’ll get your sweet festive flavour hit whilst still indulging healthily.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 4 slices of gluten free panettone
- 3 whole eggs
- A splash of milk
- 1 tbsp. fresh butter
- ½ tub Oppo ice cream (choose your flavour)
- In a wide, shallow bowl, crack the eggs and whisk them together with a splash of milk
- One by one, dip your slices of panettone in the egg until they are fully soaked through
- Pop a frying pan onto medium heat and add in the butter to melt
- Once your pan begins to sizzle, add the slices of panettone and cook them for a couple of minutes on either side, or until they are golden brown
- Put two slices of your panettone toast on each plate and add two indulgent scoops of Oppo ice cream