Cue the abundant, sweet treat filled phase of the year (aka Winter)! We’ve just had Halloween and now, Bonfire night is upon us. Of course, we’re all about indulging here at Oppo so we’re pumped for the next few months, but as ever, we don’t think indulgence needs to be bad for you.
You’d think sm’ores are pretty much as unhealthy as it gets, but not our version. We’ve swapped out biscuits for a lower sugar puff pastry alternative. Plus, we’ve used 85% dark chocolate and sugar free marshmallows to accompany our Vanilla ice cream between the two pastry layers. You'll definitely need a napkin for this one...
- 160 grams puff pastry
- 10 large white marshmallows (we used sugar free)
- 100 grams 85% dark chocolate
- 1 tub Oppo Salted Caramel
1) Start by preheating your oven to 180 degrees and rolling out your sheet of puff pastry.
2) Take a ruler (if, like us, you’re meticulous about your square sizes…) and cut your pastry sheet into equal squares. We’d recommend making about 10-12.
3) Pop you pastry squares onto a pre-lined baking tray, prod each a few times with a fork then pop the tray into the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes.
4) Take your dark chocolate and melt it over a Baine Marie or in a microwave until melted and glossy, then set aside.
5) Now pop your marshmallows into a bowl and microwave them for 10-30 seconds or until they loosen and turn to ‘fluff’.
6) Retrieve your puff pastry squares and split each ‘puff’ into two halves, ready to make your s’mores.
7) Smear some melted chocolate onto the bottom pastry half, then pile on some marshmallow fluff, add a scoop of Salted Caramel Oppo and sandwich with the other pastry half.