We say ‘eat your greens’ and you probably think of broccoli. But wait. Don’t turn your nose up quite yet. We’ve got another option for you. Three words: Mint. Chocolate. Slice. Have we got your attention now?
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 tbs coco powder
- 1 tub Oppo Mint Chocolate Swirl ice cream (left out the freezer to soften for 15-20 minutes)
- 100 grams good quality dark chocolate
1) In a blender or magic mixer, blitz your almonds, dates and coco powder until they gather together into a dough textured ball.
2) Pop this date and almond mixture into a lined baking tray and pat it all firmly down.
3) Get the softened ice cream and smother it over the date and almond layer before popping the dish into the freezer.
4) Melt your dark chocolate in a microwave or over a Baine Marine and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
5) Retrieve the dish from the freezer and top the ice cream layer with the melted chocolate, then pop it back into the freezer to set.
6) Slice up your tray of layered deliciousness and your slices are ready!