Look, we all love a cheeky trip to Starbucks but let’s face it, if you opt for a Frappuccino, you’re basically having a sugar-laden dessert three times over. This Pumpkin Frappuccino is different. The addition of some Vanilla Oppo makes it really sweet (thanks to the stevia leaf extract), creamy and indulgent, yet also healthy as there's no need for sugar. And better still, if you pop in a scoop of whey it instantly doubles up as a protein shake too! So, loyalty card holder or not, give Starbucks a miss today...
Ingredients (for 1 ‘Grande’ Frappuccino)
- 4 scoops Madagascan Vanilla Oppo
- A handful of ice cubes
- 2-3 heaped tablespoons of pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- Some whipping cream to top
- 1 scoop of vanilla or flavourless whey protein
- 30 ml strong espresso
- Some pan toasted pumpkin seeds
- A tall glass to serve
1) First, pop the glass you wish to use in the fridge to chill.
2) In a blender, add 3 of the 4 scoops of Vanilla ice cream, pumpkin puree, spices, the protein powder, and ice cubes, then blend until you get a smooth, thick consistency. (If you like your Frappuccino thinner, add a little milk or water at this stage).
3) Retrieve your glass from the fridge and pop the final scoop of Vanilla at the bottom.
4) Pour over the pumpkin Frappuccino blend until it’s just shy of the top of the glass.
5) Spoonful, squirt, or pour over a generous amount of freshly whipped cream.
6) Gently pour over your espresso shot so that it trickles down the inside walls of the glass and through the Frappuccino.
7) Finish by topping the cream with a sprinkling of toasted pumpkin seeds.
8) Stick in a straw and enjoy!