Salted Caramel and peanut butter: They really are a match made in heaven. Agreed? Well then, @maxineali has the perfect recipe for you. Could these layered dessert pots look any more delicious? We didn't think so either.
Ingredients (serves two)
For the shortbread layer
- 4 tablespoons ground buckwheat groats (almonds or sunflower seeds work too)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup/honey
- 4 teaspoons water
For the peanut butter layer
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon almond milk/brown rice milk
- Pinch of salt
For the salted caramel layer
- 3 scoops (around 150ml) Oppo Salted Caramel
For the chocolate layer
- 1 handful of 70% dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons almond milk/brown rice milk
- Cacao powder for dusting
1) Begin by chilling your pots in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
2) For the shortbread layer
Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl until crumbly and biscuit-like, then split the mixture between the two pots and press down firmly to form an even layer on the bottom.
3) For the peanut butter layer
Mix the peanut butter, milk and salt together in a bowl until completely smooth, then layer this spread over the shortbread. Place the pots in the freezer to set for 10 minutes. Remove your salted caramel ice cream from the freezer to soften in the meantime.
4) For the salted caramel layer
Take your pots from the freezer and spread around 1 1/2 scoops of salted caramel ice cream in each pot on top of the peanut butter layer. Ensure the top of the ice cream layer is completely level and smooth before returning the pots to the freezer.
5) For the chocolate layer
Gently melt the dark chocolate chips in a glass bowl over boiling water on the stove top, then add the milk and mix until smooth. Take your pots and spoon half of the chocolate into each one. Rotate the pots at an angle to allow the chocolate to spread to the edges, then return them to the freezer one last time to set for 20 minutes.
6) Dust with a little cacao powder before serving and enjoy!